Starting and Sustaining a Successful Consulting or Small Business
Career Speaker Series
Some people have the passion to be independent consultants. Others start a consulting company or sole practice due loss of a job or personal situations. This interactive seminar will cover the key success factors to starting up and sustaining your own small business.
The program will have panelists from varying fields including: management consulting, legal, industry- specific consulting and executive coaching.
Topics will be segmented into three general areas:
- The decision to start or join a small consulting firm
- The considerations for setting one up and
- Practical Tips and Techniques to market your services and maximize networking opportunities
- Am I suited to be a consultant or sole practitioner? What is the ideal temperament for a consultant?
- How do you get your first customer? How do you continue to get leads? What is the best way to network? How do you market and who is your target audience?
- How do you illustrate the value a consultant can bring?
- How should you price your services?
- Is it better to be flexible or focused on your offering?
- What are the challenges in understanding a client’s needs?
- What are some of the considerations from a legal perspective to operate as a consultant or sole practitioner?
What are some of the forms of legal entities to consider and why?
What are some of the potential liability issues and insurance considerations?
What are some of the issues which may be addressed in a contract with a client?
- Do consultants need consultants?
- Selecting the appropriate systems, vendors and team of consultants (legal, IT, banking, real estate) to help you get your business started.
- How do you deal with subcontractors?
Our expert panel consists of people who have started their own consulting or small business practices and many who consult to entrepreneurs, small businesses and CEO’s. They have been there, done that and seen what has worked and what hasn’t.
Moderator: Carl E. Rosen, WG ’77, Shelter Rock International, LLC. Carl's Bio
George Bradt, WG ‘85, PrimeGenesis, CEO Connection. George's Bio.
Chuck Forgang, W ’78, Employment and Corporate Attorney, Law Offices of Charles S. Forgang. Chuck's Bio.
Jeremy Steinberg, W ’78, Accounting firm of Steinberg Shebairo LLP,. Jeremy's Bio.
Randy Joy Epstein, W ’97, Randy Joy's Bio.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Midtown location (Address will be emailed to registered guests prior to event)
WCNY Supporting Members - $0 (WCNY basic membership costs $95/year at Join/Renew Membership)
Other Wharton alumni - $10
Alumni Guests - $20
Click here to register
Registration will close on Wednesday, February 27th at 4:00pm - No Exceptions!