Executive Onboarding Conversation with George Bradt
Career Speaker Series
A conversation about executive onboarding
Leadership transitions are some of the toughest challenges people face – professionally and personally. Nearly half of new leaders fail in their first 18 months. Often, those failures are the result of mistakes made in the very beginning that can be devastating for organizations and leaders alike. This is why onboarding is one of the most important crucibles of leadership.
Learn how you can take charge, build or re-build your team, and deliver better results faster than anyone thought possible; and how you can coach others to do the same. To that end, this conversation focuses on how to leverage three ideas to get done in your first 100-days and/or help others get done in their first 100-days what would normally take six to twelve months:
- Get a head start by managing all the stages of onboarding and from before the first contact well past day one.
- Manage the message before, during and after day one.
- Set Direction. Build the team, investing in building a high performing team:
- Get buy in to the one burning IMPERATIVE.
- Use key MILESTONES to drive team performance.
- Invest in EARLY WINS to build team confidence.
- Get the right people in the right ROLES with the right support.
- Shape the team culture with ongoing COMMUNICATION.
- Sustain Momentum. Deliver Results.
Speaker George Bradt will share insights and stories from his own business leadership and consulting experience, from his book, The New Leader’s 100-Day Action Plan, and from what he’s learned from leaders for his 300+ weekly columns on Forbes, The New Leader’s Playbook.
Click here for George Bradt's bio.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Midtown location (Note: Address will be sent via email to all registered guests 24-48 hours prior to the event to the "Primary Email" address listed in your profile. Please review your profile to confirm that the email address listed is correct.)
WCNY Supporting Members - $0 (WCNY supporting memberships start at $95/yr. Join/Renew your membership today!)
Other Wharton alumni - $10
Guests of Alumni - $20
Click here to register. Please register early as events can and do sell out quickly.
Due to building security requirements, you must pre-register for this event. Walk-ins cannot be accepted.
Registration will close on Monday, March 7th at 11:00am - No Exceptions!