Technology and Retail: Past, Present and Future
**SOLD OUT....Waitlist Available**
WCNY Retail Network (WhRN) Affinity Group
WCNY Retail Network invites you to join us for an exciting and informative discussion on trends in technology and retail!
The addition of innovative technologies has evolved how human beings live, act and exist. With this change in behavior, we have seen a fundamental change in how we consume and our expectations of that consumption. Looking to succeed in this ever-changing environment, retailers have to respond rapidly and appropriately, given how many different competitors exist in the marketplace. From small, agile start-ups to large, multi-national behemoths, companies have to be quicker, better and well-priced to be part of the game.
The topics covered will include:
- E-commerce trends and technology
- Maximizing revenues across channels from e-commerce to brick and mortar outlets
- Impact of the trend of Research Offline Purchase Online (ROPO)
- Using Consumer Analytics to drive sales
- Use of technology to monitoring field rep activities and point of sales presence
- Mobile applications for consumers and brands
- ROI of technology
- Technology as an agility agent
- Monitoring of competitive activities
- Competing and surviving as an online-only channel
Moderator: Carl E. Rosen, WG ’77, Principal, Shelter Rock International. Carl is the former Chief Operating Officer of Bulova Corporation and Chief Information Officer of Loews Corporation. He will discuss the mobile application of one of his clients, GoSpotCheck which is used to monitor field operations, and gather information, including images, at store level for brands or competition to be used in a business intelligence dashboard. It is used in a variety of industries including wines & spirits, CPG, watches, outdoor retail and hospitality.
- Sonia Gupta, WG ’14 Director of Global E-Commerce and Operations, ADAY. ADAY is a women's athletic apparel start-up. Prior to ADAY, Sonia spent two years at Michael Kors, where she was responsible for all e-commerce projects, and spearheaded their international e-commerce growth strategy.
- Yash Kothari, W’15 Co-founder and CEO, Prayas Analytics. Prayas Analytics is a technology solution that helps retailers run A/B tests, or experiments, on their stores using customer data. Prayas does this by analyzing existing security camera footage already in stores, so no additional hardware required.
- Mike Demko, WG ’99 Chief Operating Officer, GP Shopper. GPShopper is the leader in retail mobile application solutions enabling retailers to engage their customers through commerce, loyalty, mobile payments and more than 200 other native mobile app features. Mike has more than 15 years experience in digital spanning marketing, product development and operations. Previous roles include the VP of Online Marketing at priceline.com and VP of Operations at freshdirect.
- Rachel Macpherson, W ’93 Former General Merchandise Manager, ShopBop/East Dane. Shopbop, a subsidiary of Amazon, is an online retailer of contemporary and designer apparel/accessories catering to the fashion forward woman. Rachel oversaw the buying and planning teams at Shopbop. Prior to Shopbop, Rachel served as the SVP of merchandising for AnnTaylor.com, where she led the ecommerce merchandising team in driving exponential growth while collaborating with the Stores’ division in creating a seamless brand experience for the customer. Rachel also held senior leadership positions at Art.com and Gap Inc.
Tuesday, April 19, 2016
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM (Please be prompt)
Midtown location (Note: Address will be sent via email to all registered guests 24-48 hours prior to the event to the "Primary Email" address listed in your profile. Please review your profile to confirm that the email address listed is correct.)
WCNY Supporting & Silver Members - $20.00 (WCNY supporting membership costs $95/yr at Join/Renew Membership)
Gold & Benefactor Members - $0
Other Wharton Alumni/Guests - $40.00
For questions please contact contact firstname.lastname@example.org.